Every year, CSOFT hosts an annual Operations Summit in which we invite our global team of linguists, business development managers, operational experts, clients, and fellow industry experts from around the world to CSOFT’s World Headquarters for a week of learning, sharing, discussion and team-building. It’s an exciting, action-packed week of discussions, presentations, and not a whole lot of sleep!
For CSOFT employees and extended team members, the summit serves two purposes: the first being to further strengthen our bonds as CSOFT members and to remain united in our goals and vision; the second is to better align ourselves with the most recent developments within the industry, in terms of technology, best practices and standards.
This year, for CSOFT’s 8th Annual World Operations Summit, the theme was A Whole New World, which perfectly encapsulates this past year of changes and rapid progress for the company. From moving into our new World Headquarters to ground-breaking technological developments (more exciting news on that later!), the opening speech given by our President and CEO, Shunee Yee, highlighted changes the industry has undergone throughout her more than 17 years of localization experience. In the conclusion of her opening speech, Shunee addressed how CSOFT is redefining localization services with innovative approaches to technology, the localization process, and effective, measurable best practices.
Some highlights from the week include:
- Welcoming Dr. JoAnn Hackos and Dr. Bill Hackos from Comtech Services as honorary guests and speakers
- Greeting Keith Schengili-Roberts and Keith Cai back to our headquarters as respected, long-term friends and AMD representatives
- Hearing from localization expert, Inna Geller of Geller Translation Solutions, as she evaluated and discussed better approaches to translation risk management
- Being able to meet and greet new members of the CSOFT family, as well as catch up with the old-timers
- Attending CSOFT’s International Symphony, with special guest appearances from musically-talented members of our internal staff
- And as tradition maintains, wrapping up the festivities with a weekend retreat
Stay tuned this week for more CSOFT’s Operations Summit photos, summaries and guest blogs!
If you’re interested in translation, localization, or even if you just like to read the occasional blog, make sure to subscribe to our RSS feed for automatic updates from Simply CSOFT!